DNLF – Keepers of Stories – Saturday 2nd October, 8pm – Tickets: €15.00
Venue: Nenagh Arts Centre
PLEASE NOTE: Vaccination Passports & Identification will be required to attend this event.
Join Professor Diarmaid Ferriter and Catriona Crowe in a conversation chaired by Mary Wilson in which they explore, in this period of the Decade of Centenaries, questions of “ownership” and the retelling the stories that over time shape us and the societies in which we live. Catriona Crowe is a prolific writer and broadcaster on this topic, amongst them her writings in the Dublin Review on the Mother and Baby Homes commission and its treatment of survivors as a reflection of both past and contemporary Irish life.
Meanwhile as we face into the Civil War centenary year Ireland’s most brilliant historian shows how important this tragic war was for understanding Ireland now. It was less devastating than some other European civil wars but it left a ghastly number of dead, injured and immiserated across Ireland, north and south. Only in 2019 – almost a century after the conflict – could Fine Gael and Fianna Fail, the two parties that grew out of the rival factions see their way to officially working together.
We’re happy to welcome back our audiences and artists to Nenagh Arts Centre. Below are a number of policies in place for your safety:
- Vaccination Passports & Identification will be required to attend this event.
- The telephone number of the person booking will be used in the event of contact tracing.
- Please do not attend if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive.
- Arriving early is advisable to comply with safe social distancing
- Wearing of face masks is mandatory.
- Please use hand sanitiser at the entrance.
- Box office will close at 5pm the day of the event – All phone orders must be collected prior to this.
- There is a one way system in operation within the building.
- You will be directed to your seat by our front of house staff.
- Where possible use e-tickets displayed on your phone.