DNLF- School Poetry Prize – Saturday 2nd October, 10am – Tickets: FREE (limited to prizewinners) must be pre booked to attend this event
Venue: Lough Derg Yacht Club, Dromineer
PLEASE NOTE: You can order as normal but please be patient as there is a slight delay in the emails being issued with tickets. We are working on getting this resolved.
Our ever popular schools poetry competition will be judged by poet Eileen Sheehan. We’re, as always, looking forward to seeing lots of entries and enjoying the wonderful poetry written by classes 3rd to 6th in Tipperary primary schools.
Eileen Sheehan lives in Killarney. She has read at festivals in Ireland and abroad including The Shanghai Literary Festival; the ACIS Conference in Davenport, Iowa; Writers’ Week Listowel and The Cork International Poetry Festival. Anthology publications include The Watchful Heart: A New Generation of Irish Poets (editor Joan McBreen/ Salmon Poetry); Best Loved Poems: Favourite Poems from the South of Ireland (editor Gabriel Fitzmaurice with photographs by John Reidy/ Curragh Press) and The Deep Heart’s Core: Irish Poets Revisit a Touchstone Poem (editors Eugene O’Connell & Pat Boran/ Dedalus Press). Her collections are Song of the Midnight Fox and Down the Sunlit Hall (Doghouse Books). Her third collection, The Narrow Way of Souls (Salmon Poetry) was launched in May 2018.
- The telephone number of the person booking will be used in the event of contact tracing.
- Please do not attend if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive.
- Arriving early is advisable to comply with safe social distancing
- Wearing of face masks is mandatory.
- Please use hand sanitiser at the entrance.
- Box office will close at 5pm the day of the event – All phone orders must be collected prior to this.
- There is a one way system in operation within the building.
- You will be directed to your seat by our front of house staff.
- Where possible use e-tickets displayed on your phone.