Printmaking Workshop & Exhibition for Adults – Thursday 5th May, 11am – 1pm – TIckets: FREE but Booking is Essential
Try your hand at making prints using drypoint, a technique that involves scratching an image into a plate with a pointed tool. Drypoint is an easy technique to get to grips with and is a great method for turning drawings into prints.
The tutor for this workshop will be Suzannah O’Reilly, a printmaker and artist with 30 years’ experience. Suzannah will be on hand to share her skills and passion for making prints, as well as answer your questions. She is co- founder of Parallel Editions, a Fine Art Publishing house in Limerick, an active member of Limerick Printmakers, and she teaches printmaking and drawing at LSAD.
The workshop will reference a fine art collection of thirty two contemporary prints by Irish Printmakers on loan from Tipperary Council’s Arts Office. This is a rare chance for you to see these beautiful prints and find out more about the different techniques that are used by contemporary print makers.
- All over 16s are welcome, no previous experience is necessary.
- All materials will be provided.
- The workshop is free to attend, thanks to support from the Arts Council for community art activities.
- Both workshops will be roughly the same and you are welcome to attend one workshop or both, as suits you.
- You might want to bring an old shirt or apron to cover your clothes.