Shades of Spring: a visual art workshop – Adults – Tuesday 1st February, 10.30am – TIckets: FREE (but Booking is Essential)
Celebrate St Brigid and the rituals associated with Spring in this colourful visual art workshop.
It is said that St Brigid, after being caught in a rainstorm, hung her cloak to dry on a sunbeam. The water dripping from the edge of it formed rainbows and her cloak became bright with colour.
Explore colour symbolism and your own relationship with colour in this free workshop.
Using natural materials, textiles, paper and paint, we will create rainbow tokens to bring in the Spring and pots blooming with colour.
Generously supported by the Arts Council, so FREE of charge to you.
Everyone welcome. No experience necessary. Materials provided.
Places are limited so book yours now.
If you have colourful scraps of fabric, wool, paper or other materials that you’d like to use, please feel free to bring them.
We will follow government guidelines on Covid Safety. The presentation of Covid Certificate is required from adults who wish to attend this workshop.
- Wearing of face masks is mandatory
- Air is kept circulating in the Theatre so please wear warm clothes!
- Please use hand sanitiser at the entrance
- There is a one way system in operation within the building
- Please do not attend if you are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive.
Image Credit: Photo by Aniket Bhattacharya on Unsplash