In 2019 we will introduce a number of Relaxed Performances as part of our inclusion programming. Relaxed Performances at Nenagh Arts Centre is designed to welcome people who may find live performance a little over whelming and is inclusive of children and families with a wide range of sensory, learning, and communication differences.
We will work closely with our audience and visiting companies to create an inclusive & enjoyable experience for all. We will begin with a number of changes however we expect this will develop over time as we receive feedback from our audiences. In 2019 will include the following on a programmed Relaxed Performance:
• Reduce high contrast in light and remove strobes from performances
• Reduce sounds levels and remove loud unexpected sound cues
• Raise the house lights slightly so as not to be in complete darkness
• Audience members are freely able to walk in and out of the auditorium during the performance
• Audience members can visit the venue prior to the show to acquaint themselves with the venue.
• Our staff will be given training and basic understanding of sensory learning, and communication differences.
Our programme and social media channels will highlight which shows are Relaxed Performances, however feel free to contact box office for more information.
Nenagh Arts Centre,
Phone: 067 34400
From 11am until 1pm
At Nenagh Arts Centre